Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fish and Chips Down Under

If you ask me which country I would like to come back, it's definitely Australia. My husband and I really loves Australia, the country has just so much to offer. And they have a lot of cute animals, don't forget the dangerous ones too...;)
One thing I miss Down Under is their fish and chips. I dunno why but there's something about Australian fries, they're so nice!!! :) So this lunch, I decided to make some Fish and Chips a la Australian style. Well to be honest, it doesn't really taste the same but my husband says it's NICE...:)
hope you enjoy! :)



Fish and Chips

Ingredients:
2 medium size Fish fillets
2 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Pepper
1 egg
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Water
Oil
Crinkle Fries

Method:
1) Wash and remove skin of fish. Mix salt and pepper together with the fish fillets.
     Set aside for 15 minutes.
 
2) Mix together water, flour and egg, dash some salt and pepper. Make a batter.
    Put the fish in the batter one at a time

3) A pan with oil, turn heat to medium-high until the oil begins to bubble.
    Place the battered fish carefully in the hot oil. Fry until the fish is golden brown.

4) Fry the crinkle fries.

5) Serve with Tartar sauce or Mayonnaise.

1 comment: