Thursday, September 20, 2012

El Castell de Guadalest

The moment I saw Guadalest, I was awed by its grandiose beauty. Imagine a small town built on top of a rocky mountain in Marina Baixa- a province of Alicante, Spain. A small town with almost everything, where time stood still, on a top of a big rock.

The town has 189 inhabitants and in Guadalest, you can find restaurants, souvenir shops, clothes shop, jewellery shop, leather shop, a mini grocery, a chapel, cemetery and lots of other things. Guadalest is also the 2nd most visited tourist attraction in Spain. Most of the houses and the infrastructure were unspoiled except the castle which is now in ruins.

During my two-week stay in Spain, I have to go there twice because I just love the place. It doesn't matter if it's a two-hour drive from where my husband and I are staying.
It just feels like I'm in the 1700, being part of that old community where the people actually make everything themselves like clothes, shoes, food, etc.


Address: Marina Baixa, Alicante, Spain
Coordinates: 38° 40′ 37″ N0° 11′ 52″ W
















































No comments:

Post a Comment